Re: [ARSCLIST] LEGENDS OF NASHVILLE SOUND/HISTORY OF NASHVILLE'S RECORDING ST...

I'll have to look into that documentary, I can't imagine we don't have a
copy. Our presentation focuses on the history of the studios, engineers and
session musicians because there has been virtually nothing documenting that
aspect of the story or the people involved. The most fascinating part to me
is the sheer volume of recording that was being done here during the 1960s
which may well have exceeded the amount of record making activity in either
New York or Los Angeles at the time. While the country music stars got all
of the media attention, the major labels were cranking out vast quantities
of popular music here that I always assumed had been recorded in New York.

This is very much a work in progress involving oral histories and
unfortunately the folks involved are getting up in years. The most
fascinating part for me was the reunion of the living original "A-Team"
musicians from the 1950s. They came in expecting a train wreck and we
watched every face grow ten years younger with each song as it dawned on
them how extraordinarily talented they were. They had each done three record
sessions a day six days a week for a couple decades. There were at least 16
studios doing this volume of work with the music and singing all being
performed and mixed live.

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com