Re: [ARSCLIST] [AMPEX] Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Vintage Recording Equipment

Tom - I think you may be on to something regarding the date discrepancy. I'm
going to dig into that, since some of the architectural features also seem
to suggest an earlier date.

After some more Google Image searching, I'm pretty sure that the mixer is a
22D as you suggest, like the one shown here:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/66/169303517_0e5fbd2a0e_m.jpg

This would make sense, especially if the microphones are in fact Western
Electric 618A. It does seem to be a little late to be using a dynamic mic
from the early thirties like the 618A, especially given the improvements
being made at RCA at the time.

Thanks,

kj