Re: [ARSCLIST] Question about an eBay item

Not at home right now.Fairly sure it's the first.Cable's out at my house.

Roger

Karl Miller <karl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: To the best of my knowledge, Koussevitzky never recorded the Hanson First Symphony. I will need to check to see if he ever performed it. Hanson may have conducted when the BSO did the Second Symphony. Koussevitzky played the Hanson Third several times.

  Karl

Roger and Allison Kulp  wrote:
  Played it yes,but not made a transfer.I don't know if it's the same take RCA put out on the 1967 box set.

Roger

Karl Miller wrote: If you have the Hanson First with Koussevitzky that might very well be a one of a kind item. There is a Koussevitzky broadcast of the Hanson Third from March of 1945.

Have you listened to the disc and made a transfer?

Karl

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
This label,Radio Recorders,turns up from time to time http://cgi.ebay.com/Copy-John-Carter-Tenor-Met-Opera-Vienna-Dreams_W0QQitemZ300157860815QQihZ020QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I first saw it in an Elvis dealer's catalog about two decades ago.He had some 78 RPM acetates of Elvis songs from 1956,and '57 on this label,both released,and unreleased takes.I have a recording of the Hanson #1 by Koussevitsky and the BSO,dated either 1941 or '42.Three sides, on two 10" microgroove acetates.Is this "Radio Recorders" an RCA label ?

Roger

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?