Re: [ARSCLIST] regurgitators

----- Original Message -----
From: "david gideon" <david.rediscovery@xxxxxxxxx>
> A one-a-week anonymous grocery store set in a very heavy binder. It
> was produced by Funk & Wagnalls.
> >
> > Basic Library of the World's Greatest Music. 24 Volumes.  Published
> > by =
> > Standard Reference Works.  Supervised by the Funk & Wagnall's
> > Editor in =
> > Chief.
>
> Also a one-a-week anonymous grocery store set, but it used the same
> recordings as the Standard Treasury plus a few more. They were,
> however, packaged completely differently: no unweildly album, but
> individual greenish boxes. (The packaging was almost a clone of the
> Philharmonic Family Library, just as the packaging of the Standard
> Treasury was nearly identical to that of the Webster Library. But
> oddly, the sets packaged similarly had different performances from
> each other.)

And, of course, Funk & Wagnalls (best known as part of a "Laugh-In"
quip..."Look it up in your Funk & Wagnall's"...?!) also sold a few
gazillion sets (or, more often, PARTIAL sets...Vol. I always turns
up, unlike the remaining ones...?!) of encyclopediae via supermarkets!
IIRC, similar "complete sets of serious music" are STILL being sold/
offered as premiums in various chain stores, dollar stores, usw...)