"Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: ----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger and Allison Kulp"
> Did you know that where I live (Albuquerque) there are only two thrift stores
left that still have vinyl ?Oh,I got my copy at a Salvation Army,about six years
ago.

Earlier this year, I found a discographically-interesting 78rpm record
at our local Salvation Army store...and also saw another one numbered in
the same series (but in about G condition...!). I went back the next day
to buy that one...and the whole pile of analog phonorecords was no longer
there! When I asked, I was told "Oh, we only keep those old records for
a few days, and after that we throw what doesn't sell in the garbage!"

I can recall a number of times that I found worthwhile 78's at a
thrift store...but, sadly those were a couple of decades past! Once
walked into the local Goodwill, and found two large cardboard cartons
of 78's, all in green sleeves and with relevant data carefully written
on attached labels. I bought about 75% of that bunch (I already had
the rest...!). It was obviously the record collection of some aging
jazz fan, probably deceased...?!

Steven C. Barr

 Check out  the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.