[ARSCLIST] Moog Foundation--Archivist Search

This was forwarded on AMIA, thought there might be those here interested.
Farris
---------------------------------
Hello All!

My name is Michelle Moog-Koussa. I am the Executive Director of the Bob
Moog Foundation. located in Asheville, NC.  For those of you who are not
familiar with Dr. Moog's work, he was a synthesizer pioneer, largely
credited with inventing the first synthesizer and changing the face of
music forever. Dr. Moog lived and worked in Asheville for the last 25 years
of his life and passed away in August of 2005. We created the Bob Moog
Foundation soon after that and received our non-profit status in March
2007.

In January of this year, we went through Dr. Moog's extensive archives,
which include 50 years of prototype instruments, photos, schematics,
articles, notes, correspondence, vintage recording equipment, reel to reel
tapes and other historic ephemera. Unfortunately, Dr. Moog stored this
unique, historic and fascinating collection in a hot, humid buidling out in
the country and everything is covered with mold. Additionally, time has
taken its toll on just about every item.  With the help of a core group of
dedicated volunteers, we have moved the most important materials into a
climate controlled storage space in Asheville. We have begun to seek help
in preserving this important collection.

We are presently in the midst of applying for a grant from the Grammy
Foundation to help us retore the reel to reel tapes and the vintage
recording equipment. The Grammy Foundation requires that we find a
qualified archivist to help us with this project. If you are an interested
archivist with knowledge of reel to reel tape preservation, please contact
me immediately.

The grant application is due on October 1st, so time is of the essence.
Please respond at your earliest possible convenience.

  Thanks so much for your attention to this matter.

  Sincerely,
  Michelle Moog-Koussa

  Executive Director
  The Bob Moog Foundation