Re: [ARSCLIST] anonymous recordings

The Webster Library was a production of Remington, and the recordings in it were drawn from the Remington/Masterseal/etc catalog. I don't believe any of them were conducted by Swarowsky. The Webster library was sold in a big, thick binder, with packaging that was almost a duplicate of the Standard Treasury of the World's Greatest Music (which used entirely different recordings from a different source).

Now there were quite a few Swarowsky performances in the Philharmonic Family Library, which came in individual red boxes (very similar to the green boxes of the Basic Library, though that, again, used different recordings). The Philharmonic Family Library got its performances from the old Music Treasures of the World mail order series, apparently a production of the American Recording Society, for whom Swarowsky made a number of recordings. (Other releases in the series were picked up from German sources, perhaps via Urania.) Some of those Swarowsky performances would later show up on Audio Fidelity in true, if primitive, stereo, and a few of those have even made it to compact disc in Argentina.

dg