Re: [ARSCLIST] Hatto, etc.

Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Goldberg" <ericgoldie@xxxxxxxxxx>
What do you mean by "encyclopedia sets". I don't recall many Vox's with misleading attributions, except for the several names for the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, and the Stuttgart Pro Musica, which I believe was basically the Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra without Munchinger conducting. I almost forgot, the Corelli Tri-Centenary String Orchestra which was comprised of NBC Symphony players.

I wonder if by "encyclopedia sets" he is referring to the sets of LP's
sold in supermarkets (as sets of encyclopedias also were...) on a basis
where "Volume 1" cost 99 cents, and following volumes cost a bit more...?

Inevitably, the thrift stores were/are full of "Volume 1" books/discs/
usw., but the subsequent volumes are harder to find...

Steven C. Barr

The infuriating one was the Webster Library, where each disc contained half of a work that was continued on the next week's disc. I actually have a complete set, in its binder. Don't ask me why.

dl

I think that many of those were conducted by Hans Swarowsky. I would like confirmation if anyone knows.

Eric

--
I AM CHANGING MY EMAIL ADDRESS.
Ericgoldie2@xxxxxxxxx