Re: [ARSCLIST] Hatto, etc.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Smolian" <smolians@xxxxxxxxx>

before he became famous, I used to use the help of Jeff Healey...who
had great "ears" as a result of his blindness, and who also could
identify almost all the 78-era vocalists (or at least say "That's no
one I've ever heard...!"). I would guess if there IS such a thing as
"Voice Identification" programs, they are used primarily in forensics,
so we would need to build up a collection of 78-era vocalists (and
possibly retune the software to fit the limited "bandwidth" of 78rpm
acoustic and electric recordings...?).