Re: [ARSCLIST] BWF RF64

on 9/6/07 11:15 PM, Bob Olhsson at olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> [...]

The BWF spec is piggybacked onto Microsoft's WAVE spec, basically an
additional metadata chunk containing the BWF info. Microsoft's WAVE spec
includes copious metadata possibilities as well as a channel order for
multichannel files - up to 18

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/audio/multichaud.mspx#E4C

This is the same as outlined in the EBU tech doc TECH 3306-2007 which
outlines the BWF RF64 format.

As far as I can tell Pro Tools multichannel WAVE files do not adhere to this
channel order - each time I have extracted a PT multichannel BWF into
Wavelab, which does adhere to the BWF WAVE spec, the channel assignments are
incorrect. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but a reasonable amount of
experimentation has produced the same results every time.

--
Konrad Strauss
Director of Recording Arts, Professor of Music