Re: [ARSCLIST] BWF RF64

Parker,

I certainly did not mean to infer that you did not know the difference between the two documents, so sorry if that was implied in my post.

The work of the P&E Wing Deliverables Committee (and this document is also published by the AES) is relatively proactive, in that our co- chair George Massenburg has a very good working relationship with both AES and EBU, and the committee tries to stay on top of these types of issues as best as we possibly can.

Regarding interchange vs. audio preservation, my personal view is that in a digital environment, pervasiveness and open standards of digital preservation file formats should be the primary goal. Interchange between platforms is an additional side benefit.

Best,
John

jspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxx