[ARSCLIST] Supplies for transporting LP collections

List members ---

We are in the process of transporting (in small increments) 2,000 lps
for cleaning and  re-housing treatments. The lps will be transferred
from one building to another and then back again. We would like to
transport them in manageable groups (20 items at a time). Because of the
presence of mold and debris, we would like to use plastic (inert)
materials so that we can clean the boxes in between uses.

Does anyone have suggestions for manufacturers or products that we can
evaluate?

We've found a plastic (polypropylene) record box through Bags Unlimited
which will hold 50-65 lps at once. We are looking for a similar product
that is smaller and that will fit up to 20 lps at once.

Any direction or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks so much --

Bertram Lyons

Project Manager / Dissemination Coordinator
Association for Cultural Equity
Alan Lomax Archive
450 West 41st Street, Room 606
New York, NY 10036