Re: [ARSCLIST] blooper samples?

I recall a Fred Waring television show that was highlighting music from
Disney's " Alice In Wonderland" in which the tea party sequence was
being
portrayed.

Unfortunately, when the camera took the shot of the doormouse reciting
" Twinkle ,Twinkle " the teapot was squarely in the center of the shot ,
blocking the doormouse completly.

The doormouse grabbed the pot and shifted it while on camera ,
continuing her recitation .

Very funny incident  !!

B. Hodge

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave .
Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

315-443- 7971
FAX-315-443-4866

David Breneman wrote:
> --- David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> He did that more than once..the famous one I know is when Mary
>> pronounced Drew  Pearson "Dreer Pooson". The writers actually
>> rewrote the script during the live broadcast...
>
> Benny's show was really the originator of the "break down
> the fourth wall" philosophy.  Everyone that's done that
> since owe's him a debt of gratitude.  I remember reading that
> once Don Wilson botched a sponsor's tag line at the end of
> a broadcast, and was for some reason (vacation?) going to
> miss the next broadcast.  So the writers devised a story
> thread for several weeks that Wilson was in hiding from the
> ad agency fearing he'd get fired.  On one episode he even
> "phoned in" his opening.
>

> David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx
>

>       _____________________________

And George Burns took that fourth wall even further on television.,
talking to
the audience about what had just transpired, having actors walk in
front of him
on their way to one of the sets, and finally actually watching the
show's
events on his own TV screen.

Meanwhile, back to bloopers..which used to be called "fluffs" or
"flubs" by
performers. The word "blooper" was popularized by Schafer.  Today,
people know
these things are going to be saved and probably make many of them
deliberately
and they've become a major bore.

dl