Re: [ARSCLIST] help requested - identify Josh White LP

I guess I should have been more explicit: Gaskin is on bass and Benskin on piano, as per the usual, not 4 different drummers...

  Gene

eugene hayhoe <jazzme48912@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Those songs, with When I Lay Down And Die and Never Said A Mumblin' Word added, appear on ABC Paramount LP 124, recorded in April '56 in NY (with Sammy Benskin, Leonard Gaskin and Panama Francis/Kelly Martin on drums where those instruments are heard).

Since this has the above 2 songs, I'd guess that this isn't the exact release you have, but maybe this will help to point you in that direction. There's also a double MCA lp from 1982, The Legendary Josh White MCA2-4170 with those tracks, but none of the sides have the order you mention. I'm pretty sure that what you have must be from either a reissue or a leased project of those recordings.

Hope this helps.

Gene

Thomas Stern wrote:
is someone able to identify a Josh White LP containing the songs listed
below?
Thanks, Thomas..

A1 Boll Weevil
A2 Water Cress
A3 What You Gonna Do When Your Meat Gives Out
A4 Mean Mistreater
A5 Frankie and Johnny
B1 The House of the Risin' Sun
B2 Dupree
B3 Cotton Eyed Joe
B4 Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out
B5 Hard Time Blues

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.