Re: [ARSCLIST] Transcripts in archives

Are they the equivilent of a libretto?

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: <Ganesh.Irelan@xxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 9:37 AM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Transcripts in archives

I would like to hear from those of you who have both audio/video recordings and transcripts of those recordings in your holdings. Specifically, I am trying to establish what the status of a transcript should be within an archives. By that I mean, are transcripts considered archival objects in the same way that the AV recordings are? Are they considered equal to the AV recordings? Are they file copies maintained for reference/access purposes only? In OAIS terms, are they Content Information, Representation Information, or something else?

Thank you in advance for your responses.
Sincerely,
Kevin Irelan