Re: [ARSCLIST] Play talleys [Early recorded film music library records wanted]

I have several Vitaphone discs with check box labels with no boxes checked.
However I was surprised to find a common Victor record (35820) with such a
label  pasted on and actually used.

It was printed for WSYR with a blank for "Bought___" and boxes for 20  plays.
 It was not only used but when the first one was filled a second one  was
pasted over it. The B side of the one I have ("Liebestraum" ) was bought in
February 1931 and played at least 22 times by September 23 (the second label is
torn).

I wonder if this was at all a common practice. Does anyone else have
examples of this practice?

Mike Csontos

In a message dated 7/31/2007 10:53:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,