Re: [ARSCLIST] Cracked Cylinder Record

Robert Hodge wrote:
GAD !!

If Cooledit hasn't some form of sensitivity control for setting a
threshold, I see a weekend of agony in your future.

I think you misunderstand the problem.

These are not clicks overlying musical material. They neither replace recording nor coincide with it. Each represents the milliseconds of space occupied by that pass over the crack. In other words, they are brief intrusions into the flow of audio.

ClickFix (far better than Audition's built-in tool) or any other declicker will fill in the space the click occupies with its best estimate of the missing audio. What's needed is just what is being done manually: excise the intrusion.

I know of no software for any audio editor that will do what Terry Smythe needs - except the manual process he hopes to avoid.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/