Re: [ARSCLIST] cd burner / dvd burner recommendations

On 26/07/07, seva wrote:

> At 8:34 AM -0400 7/26/07, Erik Dix wrote:
>> I like plextor, too. But apparently they don't make those themselves
>> anymore. They rebrand them.
>

> understood. i've never considered the mechanism, only the results of
> the burn.

I think the key feature of the Plextors wasa always the software
(Firmware).
It seems likely that Plextor software would be used even if the hardware
is made in China.

This page suggests that there is still special software:
http://www.plextor-europe.com/products/px-755uf.asp?choice=PX-755UF

Regards
--
Don Cox