Re: [ARSCLIST] Enough Already Re: [ARSCLIST] Urgent Message From SaveNetRadio

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Folks..this IS an interesting topic when it leads to copyright issues and
> licensing as related to CD issuing, transfers and archiving, but I for one
have
> bloody had it with the personal stuff. Please take it outside and please take
> it outside NOW.
> And yes I know I have a delete button. Used it many times, possibly missed
some
> pertinent stuff because of the overkill of the I'm Right You're a Moron
dialog.

Sadly, digital (i.e. e-mail) debate does NOT fall under "Marquis Of Queensbury"
(nor any other noble, with the possible exception of Lord Black of Crossharbour,
who is likely to wind up not only sans title, but to be an actual "man without
a country...!," if events continue along their apparent path...!) rules!

Further, the principals in this disagreement appear to be arguing much in
the manner of the fabled "blind men who felt an elephant" sort of debate!
In most cases, the counter-arguments have SFA to do with the original
proposals. However, this is to be expected, since the "sound recording
industry" was ill-prepared for the digitalization of their product, nor
the resultant near-infinite reproducability which resulted therefrom!

Meanwhile, I'm "fat and happy" (sort of, in both cases, anyway...) sitting
here with some 50,000 (+/-) sound recordings, about 99% of which fall under
"public domain" with respect to copyright according to existing Canadian law!
(so far, anyway...!)

Steven C. Barr
(who is waiting for the International Copyright Polizei to crack down on
"Since Willy Got a Whippet...?!)