Re: [ARSCLIST] extracting audio from 32kHz 12bit DAT tapes digitally

Another big advantage to using a DDS drive (I have a Sony SDT 9000) is that you can pull out the metadata. Read_DAT gives me files per track that look like this:

Sampling frequency: 32000
Channels: 2
Samples: 4523520
Quantization: 12-bit non-linear
Emphasis: none
Program_number: --
First date: Fri Mar 31 12:50:35 1995
Last date: Fri Mar 31 12:52:56 1995
First frame: 2888
Last frame: 5243

The recording date info is very valuable.
There is an old webpage here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ adrian.rixon/personal/ade/dat-dds/software.html that outlines some of the software options. It lists vDAT for Windows. I haven't tried it.
Also I originally gave up on DATXtract for Mac because it couldn't handle a 32kHz extract, the developer wrote me back with a 32kHz update that he hadn't made public.
Dave