Re: [ARSCLIST] extracting audio from 32kHz 12bit DAT tapes digitally

Dave Rice <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    ***I am looking for suggestions on how to digitally extract 32kHz 12 bit audio from DAT tapes. I have a DAT player that will play 32kHz but since my MBox2 only takes S/PDIF at 44.1 or 48, I've had to do digital->analog->digital conversions which I would like to avoid.

I have a similar configuration and do the D to A to D conversions... my rationale being, I didn't have an all digital solution and that the sound quality of the 32kHz tapes wasn't very good in the first place.

  Karl