Re: [ARSCLIST] [LA]Re: [ARSCLIST] Playing a "flexi disc"

Hi,

There are few guarantees in audio work, as in life, but trying a diamond "LP" stylus should do no more damage than it would in one playing of an LP (I've had to do multiple plays of some such discs and have heard no more damage than would happen with playing an LP -- of course these discs will wear, as will any in contact-playback). Some types of LP stylus will work better than others (all brands and even different manufacturing runs of the same brand have microscopic differences; so if you have more than one LP stylus, try more than one for sampling and use the best-sounding). If you're uncomfortable about trying and/ or have ample time, you might ask someone with experience at another archive to try the transfer for you. The feasibility of that would depend on where you are (I don't know where you are).

How many of these discs do you have ?

Richard