Re: [ARSCLIST] LP pressing question

The RCA theater amps had model numbers starting MI----, meaning, I assume, "music industry or industrial". They are very well made, just like the stuff from Western Electric and Altec Lansing and DON'T belong in a dumpster. They were built for performance, longevity and performance. Most had choke regulated power supplies, transformer inputs and interstage transformers. You wouldn't see input and interstage transformers in equipment meant for home use because a transformer, or a decent transformer, is many times the cost of a simple coupling capacitor.
Phillip

Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
I have never seen an RCA stand-alone amp,like the one seen at 4:01 in this
clip.Once in a very rare while,I will see an older RCA amp,made for movie
theaters.I had one once,circa 1943.I found it in a dumpster in
1988.Unfortunately,someone stole it from me when I was moving,a few years later.
once.I had an RCA tube tape deck like that,and sold it on eBay,in 2005.
Note that there was also an amp intended for home-movie use, for which the
speaker cabinet was boldly labelled "Victor" in metal letters mounted in
front of its grille cloth; this was NOT "RCA Victor" and, indeed had no
connection with that firm.

I have one of the cabinets (speaker long since defunct)...and have seen
one other such...