Re: [ARSCLIST] 3 inch records

Jeanette Berard wrote:

In a message dated 6/28/2007 9:07:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, JBERARD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

In a recently acquired collection we have found a 3 inch record from the Decca Personality Series, "Does Your Heart Beat for Me" by Russ Morgan, #25080. Can anyone tell me a little about the history of 3 inchers and/or the Decca Personality Series?

It was mounted (glued) on a matte, along with a 7 inch disc, H Berliner Gramophon record, "Romance for Trombone" Military Band (Bennet) Washington, D.C. May 27, '97. No explanation for the juxtaposition, just matted and frame

FWIW, Russ Morgan was a trombonist, so perhaps it was a sort of gag gift for him?

Andy Mansfield was the pianist on the Ray Miller & His Hotel Gibson Orchestra sides recorded for Brunswick in Chicago (in October 1927)and Cincinnnati (in February 1928). A "Happy Mansfield" was the bass player for the band when it recorded in 1926 - perhaps a relative?

Glen Richards (glenster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) The Hot-Dance & Vintage Jazz Pages: http://www.2multiples.com/hotdance ICQ: 21628170 MSN: glenster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Skype: glenrichards