Re: [ARSCLIST] 3 inch records

>>> <Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx> 06/29/07 9:43 AM >>>

In a message dated 6/28/2007 9:07:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JBERARD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

In a  recently acquired collection we have found a 3 inch record from the
Decca  Personality Series, "Does Your Heart Beat for Me" by Russ Morgan,  #25080.
 Can anyone tell me a little about the history of 3 inchers  and/or the Decca
Personality Series?

It was mounted (glued) on a matte,  along with a 7 inch disc, H Berliner
Gramophon record, "Romance for Trombone"  Military Band (Bennet) Washington, D.C.
May 27, '97.  No explanation for  the juxtaposition, just matted and  framed.

Thanks,

***********************

Philco-Ford tried to introduce a series of 3" flexible "Hip Pocket Records"
in the 60s.  I wonder if Decca pressed these and even tried to issue  some on
their own label.

Mike Csontos

I don't know, this one is definitely not flexible, it's about at thick as the Berliner, and they're both one-sided.

I've put them online if anyone is curious:
http://catalog.tol.lib.ca.us/search/t?SEARCH=andy+and+v

Jeanette Berard, MLS, CA
Special Collections Librarian
Thousand Oaks Library System