Re: [ARSCLIST] 3 inch records

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeanette Berard" <JBERARD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> In a recently acquired collection we have found a 3 inch record from the Decca
Personality Series, "Does Your Heart Beat for Me" by Russ Morgan, #25080.  Can
anyone tell me a little about the history of 3 inchers and/or the Decca
Personality Series?
> It was mounted (glued) on a matte, along with a 7 inch disc, H Berliner
Gramophon record, "Romance for Trombone" Military Band (Bennet) Washington, D.C.
May 27, '97.  No explanation for the juxtaposition, just matted and framed.

I'll have to admit to total ignorance of any 3" Decca records! Have you tried
playing it, or even establishing the groove width? I have several 3" toy
records,
which seem to have been associated (and playable) with a specific machine...!

The smallest playable record of which I am aware was a publicly-available
later version of a 2-1/2" HMV disc made specifically for a miniature machine
made for a "Royal doll-house which was presented to the princesses (Elizabeth
and Margaret) by HMV in the late twenties. The publicly-available copy came
with a playable disc, 2.5 inches in diameter (of which copies were sold...!).