[ARSCLIST] Gerhard Kremer

One of the things I don't like about the French label Arion's recordings of World Music is that they rarely if ever list the names of musicians involved in their recordings: it is as though a region of the world or the name of a traditional instrument played is sufficient information for us.
I have here "From Vera-Cruz to San Cristobal," issued in 1975 by Arion in an American pressing manufactured by Peters Intl. It is credited to "Mexican Harps and Marimbas" and consists of "Sound images gathered and recorded by Gerhard Kremer." I know of no ethnologist by this name, though it is the name of a rather famous sixteenth-century cartographer who made maps of - you guessed it - the world. These "sound images" fall quite hard upon one another; although there are track seperations on the vinyl really all of the tracks run right into one another.
My question is was there ever a real Gerhard Kremer who made field recordings in Mexico, or is that just a phony name and we are hiding something?

Dave Lewis