Re: [ARSCLIST] OK - Does Anyone Know More About This?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Olhsson" <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Here, a hearty "AMEN!!!" Oshawa, although a city of 200,000, has maybe a
dozen, at most, live-music venues...and, sadly, many of those feature
either "tribute bands" ("We can play all the tunes of <band> in exact
note-for-note form [just like the records, eh?!]...so, if you missed
them, come see US!)...or one/two-member act who sing (and, sometimes,
play guitar...) over an electronic backing track...or, fancier "karaoke"...?)
or young teenage rocker-wannabes whose main qualification is that they
will gladly work for $3.55 for their whole set, expecting to be discovered
by a "major label" at a gig anytime soon...or, finally, once-well-known
groups who are still travelling (usually with one, at most, original
member...) and playing to the nostalgia-ridden at quite impressive
ticket prices!

FEH!