Re: [ARSCLIST] OK - Does Anyone Know More About This?

On 18/06/07, Tom Fine wrote:

> PS -- Jack, I wouldn't rush out and invest in this format unless
> you're dead-set on surround sound. Content is limited and there is no
> sign of major labels returning to the format -- in fact they're all
> being pulled by their noses into low-grade downloads as their
> exclusive selling format.

I would say the surround (or the centre channel) is optional. The real
point is the improved sound quality - SACD sound is what digital sound
should be like. It is how it should have been from the start, if the
technology at the time could have handled it. (In practice, the first CD
players were not even 16 bit, but only 14 bit.)

It isn't spectacular sound, just natural and easy to listen to, like the
best vinyl but without the maddening clicks and spits.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx