Re: [ARSCLIST] Can anyone...help the CBC with info on Melotone?

On 12 Jun 2007 at 22:39, Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:

> Does the Winnipeg Public Library system own a substantial
> collection of local city directories? If so, that would be a
> good place to start...

The CBC Toronto folks have available to them the same directory
references as the City of Winnipeg Public Library.    They've
done their homework about the same as we can do here in
Winnipeg.     What we need now are a couple of local historians
knowledgeable about this industry.    Hopefully, omong Paul
Horch's collector contacts, such a person might emerge.
Classic needle in a haystack.

Regards,

Terry

Terry Smythe                           204-832-3982 (land line)
55 Rowand Avenue                   204-981-3229 (cell)
Winnipeg, MB, Canada   R3J 2N6           smythe@xxxxxxx
Preserving a unique slice of our Musical Heritage
http://members.shaw.ca/smythe/rebirth.htm