Re: [ARSCLIST] Archival DVD Cases and Packaging

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

David Hoffman wrote (see end) - I have a comment

----- I am confused: what is this about "long-term" and DVD? I had the
impression that all modern digital media were only stopgaps until the next
stopgap could be found so that the content could be transferred there for a
brief time.

However, if it is the symbolic, shrine value of the individual physical discs
as perceived by eyes and hands only I fully appreciate the problem. For those
I would suggest the caddies that were once imperative for optical media such
as CD-ROMs. They were made of sturdy polycarbonate and/or reinforced PVC with
stainless steel hinges. The stainless steel gate was slidable against spring
pressure, but I bet the spring was non-corrosive too. The mere weight of such
a caddy oozed quality.

Kind regards,

George