Re: [ARSCLIST] Media mail

I had a worked behind the counter inform me once, when I was mailing a heavy box of transcriptions, that they might be X-rayed. For once I had no objections to X-rays. It would make sense to use this technology, in that the time saved by not having to open/repack cartons would allow more inspections to occur.

Joe Salerno

Robert Hodge wrote:
I've had a few reopened , but only one that was sloppily repacked.  The
bells seem to go off when the inspector believes the sender is trying to
pull a fast one. Nothing implied here.
There has been a continuing conterversy about what constitutes "
Media".  Some postal workers do not consider piano rolls and music box
discs  acceptable as" media". I would !

Bob Hodge

smolians@xxxxxxxxx 6/7/2007 11:26 PM >>>
Has anyone had any incidents involving the opening of media mail
containing 78s by the post office? Any where they were badly repacked
by them?

I've not had the experience but am trying to track down a rumor.

Steve Smolian