Re: [ARSCLIST] Media mail

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
I have had packages opened,and records stolen out of packages that have come into the country from overseas.These parceIs have been resealed with green fluorescent tape ,that says "INSPECTED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY",and all or most of the records inside are gone.I have had high dollar Furtwangler,Martzy,Gene Vincent,and obscure 60s rock rarities stolen this way.It was real disturbing the first time it happened,and you have no idea who stole the stuff,or where.Yep it happens a lot more than it used to.Only terrorists buy rare vinyl I suppose .

I have only had such problems between the U.S. and South America. I'm told that all such parcels are sent through Panama. The 'inspection' there is notorious.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/