Re: [ARSCLIST] RIP: EMI / let's clear the air

On 01/06/07, Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:

> Pink Floyd,The Yardbirds,Blur,The Hollies,The
> Shadows,Badfinger,Master's Apprentices,The Move and early ELO,"Shakin'
> All Over" by Johnny Kidd and The Pirates.There is a lot to celebrate
> from EMI.
>

> Oh yeah,the classical stuff is great,too.I happen to be listening to
> Ginette Neveu right now.

The EMI archives are one of the treasures of civilisation, like the
Louvre or the Hermitage.

The question is whether the care of such archives should depend only on
a commercial company with limited resources. It seems to me that
governments, or perhaps UNESCO, should be supporting the preservation of
such archives and the availability of the recordings.

Nobody expects the British Museum to be run by a company for profit.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx