Re: [ARSCLIST] was Mass Digitization-now why preserve ^

Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Miller" <karl.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: ***To me, "history" on
any level...family (aka genealogy), local, state/provincial, national,
international or ANY subset of any of those has an important function! It tells
us where we WERE...where we ARE...how we got from the former to the latter...and
what can be extrapolated therefrom as far as possible futures!
Are you suggesting that history can be a guide to the future? If so, how so?
Playing devil's advocate, one could argue that knowledge of history is,
primarly, a good guide to understanding human nature. Is there more to it than
that?
Well, I forget whom I am quoting...but the applicable quotation is,
"Those who are ignorant of history are thus condemned to repeat it"...

Steven C. Barr

I always preferred "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to take trigonometry."

dl