Re: [ARSCLIST] was Mass Digitization-now why preserve

"Steven C. Barr(x)" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    ***To me, "history" on any level...family (aka genealogy), local, state/provincial, national, international or ANY subset of any of those has an important function! It tells us where we WERE...where we ARE...how we got from the former to the latter...and what can be extrapolated therefrom as far as possible futures!

  Are you suggesting that history can be a guide to the future? If so, how so? Playing devil's advocate, one could argue that knowledge of history is, primarly, a good guide to understanding human nature. Is there more to it than that?

  Karl