Re: [ARSCLIST] was Mass Digitization-now why preserve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Palmer" <vdalhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>     I think this debate on classical music doesn't mean much.  Many people
> like several kinds of music including classical.  I am not a great opera
> fan, although there are a few I enjoy, but I love instrumental classical
> music from trios and quartets to symphonies.  This works fine as a
> counterpoint to my love for country music.  A person can like all  kinds of
> music without trying to impress people.  I am sure there are people that
> listen to classical music to impress people although I don't personally know
> any.   Jack

Well, I didn't mean my post t refer to folks like us! First, we "old
f...ogeys" have pretty well reached a point where we are "sot in our
ways" musically...and, second, most listeners eventually reach a point
where they can accept...and to some extent enjoy...classical instrumental
performances!

The odd thing here is that JP, AFAIK even older than I am, shares my
lack of enthusiasm for opera...something I have never learned to love...