Re: [ARSCLIST] was Mass Digitization-now why preserve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Cox" <doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >  So what is the value of our recorded history. How does one place its
> > worth within a context of what is valued by our current society?
> >
> About the same value as transport systems.

No! Our "transport system" is an important and defining part of our
position in the "dominance hierarchy!" Thus, we not onlt wany...but
NEED (as we internally comprehend it) a larger, faster and louder
motorcar than any of our perceived "hierarchal competition!"

Meanwhile, those hapless sods like myself, who are not posessed of
a motorcar and who thus must use public transportation (or "feets,
don't fail me now!...") to move from point to point, are immediately
recognized as "peasantry" and thus ignored as "not being worthy!"

Thus is life in the XXI Jahrhundert...!

Steven C. Barr