Re: [ARSCLIST] Cedar

Parker Dinkins writes:
>Many years ago I used a DOS command line set of tools marketed by MTU,
>with algorithms written by Mark Dolson of MIT. These tools were very
>effective, except that they took many hours to complete a single process.

I continue to use some of these tools (in addition to many others) and
still find that they give the best results on occasion.  Processor and
hard drive speeds have greatly increased since those Pleistocene days and
processing fairly large files generally takes orders of magnitude less
time than they used...when Parker and I apparently first tried that
toolset.

I often wind up using three or four different tool packages on a given
project.  There is no one magic bullet that can kill all problems...and
probably never will be.  I have heard good-to-great results from many of
the big names and rotten results from those same packages, too.  The
operator and his/her ears are the crucial element.

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Professional Audio for CD, DVD, Broadcast & Internet