[ARSCLIST] The Story with Dick Gordon

I recently received a CDR of a 30-minute interview I did a couple of months
ago for "The Story with Dick Gordon" on public radio, about Lost Sounds: Blacks
and the Birth of the Recording Industry (the CD).  Other than a howler in the
opening set-up (something about Mamie Smith selling "a million copies" of her
"album" "Crazy Blues" in 1920) Gordon seems to stay somewhere in the general
vicinity of the facts, which I've found is the best you can hope for in these
sorts of situations.  (I can never remember what brown wax cylinders are
actually made of, however, so I can't vouch for that statement--maybe Mike Biel
knows.)

He did ask some intelligent questions and explored some interesting areas
though, and I was able to include stories like that of Dick Spottswood finding
the (first) Cousins & DeMoss Berliner when a group of us went junking in
Rochester.

There's also an interesting (and unrelated) story at the end about a WWII
veteran who took his Army jacket to the cleaners in 1961 and didn't get it back
until thirty years later, when it was delivered to his house with a bill for 85
cents for cleaning.  Unfortunately it no longer fit.

The show's at _www.thestory.org_ (http://www.thestory.org)  if anyone is
interested in doing a little fact-checking.  (You go to past shows and click on
March 28, 2007).  I'd be interested in any feedback.