Re: [ARSCLIST] Is this audio? or word processing? or ? ? ?

I'd love to restore your tapes/belts/discs/whatever...but wait.

First I MUST RESTORE THE MACHINE! My latest machine restoration project is a group of Studer A80RCs...now that is a rewarding project. I'm not so sure about the Executary machine. The recorder circuit in these was very simple, apparently: a carbon mic in series with a DC power supply and the head. Automatic DC bias, just like the early Magnetophons and some of those infernal rim-drive tape-recorder-toys.

O joy unbounded!

Thanks, Adrian.

Cheers,

Richard