To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 7:13 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] DVD video to iPod - Cinemas

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello all,

I was a projectionist for a couple of years during my student days. Boy,
could I bore the whole list with reminiscences! However, hands-on experience
and training under a skilled person cannot be recommended too highly. You
electronics people who have to wait for an image to form, bah! We just pulled
the film down one image and flashed twice (Ernemann 1923).

Kind regards,

George

Tom Fine wrote, to the point as usual:

At least back
then there was a projectionist on duty and the theater chain at least
employed a sound system tech
to make sure thing were working from time to time.