Re: [ARSCLIST] Crosley Radio

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Jurison" <du_box@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Thank you for taking the time to write the review. They look rather nice
> online, but I was afraid they'd be little more than decoration. I'll need
> something that will hold up, and not destroy my records. I suppose I'll keep
> looking, but thanks again for your help!

You have two options:

1) Find an old multi-speed "record player" which uses a 78rpm needle
(or flipover needle) which is still available with a diamond tip.
Cut cartridge output leads, and connect them to something (regular
"phone jacks," large stereo phone jack or stereo mini-phone jack)
which will plug into the input(s) of either your sound system,
your computer or both! Most such machines use ceramic cartridges,
whose output is at "line level" (1 volt +/-) so cartridge output
can feed any "Line In" inputs.

2) Try to find a sixties/seventies Dual turntable. Dual continued
to provide the 78rpm speed option long after others had abandoned
it...and high-end Duals offered a +/- 5% speed change control.
However, MAKE SURE there is still a headshell on it...Dual
headshells are more scarce than the turntables they fit...!