Re: [ARSCLIST] Spoken Arts... and poetry

There was one many years ago by Helen Roach. It included much other spoken stuff and was discographically strange but listed many records. Maybe 1965 or so.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Stern" <sternth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Spoken Arts... and poetry

Is there a discography of recorded poetry?
It seems there were quite a few 78's (The RCA Edna St.Vincent Millay set (which was reissued by Caedmon on lp), and other
anthologies on LP - a box set on Gryphon, the Spoken Arts series). During the LP era many recordings on Caedmon, RCA, Decca (Yale Recorded Poets series), etc.
If I remember correctly the Harvard series was on cassette tapes - did they ever come out on LP/CD?
Thanks.
Best wishes, Thomas.

Don Share wrote:

Don't forget the old Harvard Vocarium: Pound, Eliot, Jeffers, Auden, et al.,
which is part of the formidable poetry audio archive here at Harvard. Some of
these were issued in the cassette set, "The Poet's Voice." These days, we're
digitizing things, delivering some by the web when we have permission, and of
course, many of our recordings appear in such things as "Poetry Speaks," the
Random House "Voice of the Poet" series, "Poets on Record," and so on.

Best,

Don Share, Ph.D.
Curator of Poetry in the G.E. Woodberry Poetry Room
Lamont Library
Harvard University
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA
Telephone: (617) 495-2454