Re: [ARSCLIST] Columbia Harmonies

I agree I have one Harmony each from Weingartner,and Rodzinsy,and they both suck.The best Weingartners I have heard are the 1950-51 US Columbia test pressings I have.

                            Roger

David Lennick <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Eric Goldberg wrote:

>>> HL  7173  Haydn Trumpet Concerto,Herbert Braeuing soloist,Mozart
>>> Bassoon Concerto,K. 191,Horst Winter,soloist,Handel Oboe Concerto
>>> No.1,Frederich Plath,soloist Carl Bamberger/Frankfurt Chamber Orchestra.
>

> GERD HEUDGER conducts the Handel Concerto
>
> Also, I have a Symphonie Fantastique (HL7220) with LeConte and the Paris
> Opera Orchestra
> and a Ravel (Daphnis No. 2, Pavanne) Debussy (La Mer) (HL7203)  with the
> same artists.
>
> Eric Goldberg

Know something? I've never seen ANY of these. Probably not issued in Canada.
Odd..Camden, Richmond and the other budget labels were pretty complete up here
even to the newer classical recordings (including Lion, which was pressed on
linoleum but which had some interesting Soviet material) but the only Harmony
classical issues I ever see are Weingartner and Rodzinski, in unlistenable
transfers (equalized for $50 HiFi players). The Hess might have been pressed up
here as well.

dl

It's here! Your new message!