Re: [ARSCLIST] Columbia Harmonies

HL 7172 "Wagner for Orchestra Carl Bamberger/Frankfurt Opera Orchestra
HL 7173 Haydn Trumpet Concerto,Herbert Braeuing soloist,Mozart Bassoon Concerto,K. 191,Horst Winter,soloist,Handel Oboe Concerto No.1,Frederich Plath,soloist Carl Bamberger/Frankfurt Chamber Orchestra.
HL 7174 Mozart Violin Concerti Nos. 3 and 4 Manoug Parikian,violin Hamburg Chamber Orchestra,Walter Goehr
(The only record by Parikian I have ever found.)
HL 7175 "Great Ballet Favorites" Orchestre de Pasdelloup,Paris,Walter Goehr
HL 7176 Strauss: TillEulenspiegel's Merry Pranks/Don Juan Frankfurt Radio Symphony,Otto Ackerman/Berlioz Overture to "Benvenuto Cellini" Paris Opera Orchestra,Pierre-Michel Le Conte

More information on Le Conte please
HL 7178 "Hi-Fi Favorites For Orchestra" "Orchestra of the Concerts de Paris" (That's what it says.),Pierre-Michel Le Conte

These were all licensed from the Concert Hall label, which ceased doing business in the US some time earlier. Le Conte was a spirited conductor in the Paray mold who also did a fine disc of Chabrier that ended up on Perfect (an Epic sub-label).

HS 11011 Debussy "La Mer"/Ravel "Daphnis et Chloe Suite No. 2","Pavane Pour Une Infante Defaunte" Orchestre du National de L'Opera Paris Pierre-Michel Le Conte
HS 11012 Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No.1 Sondra Bianca,"Orchestra of the Concerts of Paris",Carl Bamberger.

More information on Bianca please.

More from Concert Hall. Sondra Bianca: there is a fascinating story, way too involved to go into here. To condense it: she is Paul Lazare's daughter. Lazare was an entrepreneur who made recordings in Hamburg and licensed them to dozens of off-brand labels, under a variety of pseudonymns. The same recording could turn up a dozen times under a dozen different names. (In fact, we have a whole series of "musical mysteries" releases that delve into these strange items and identify the real performers).

Ms Bianca is a most talented, accomplished pianist. Not only did she play on many of her father's pseudonymous recordings, but made many under her own name for MGM and other labels. She made her first public appearance at 5, and by age 11 was appearing with Lorin Maazel. She performed with the NY Philharmonic and orchestras around the world. She would later become a producer for Columbia Special Products and Music Minus One. Ms Bianca is currently alive and well in NYC. We have put out a couple CDs of her playing, and she has been gracious enough to contribute informative and entertaining annotations for them.

HS 11012 is a title I've wanted to get a hold of for a future release, but have never found a stereo copy of the LP that was sufficiently clean to work with. If you have such a copy I'd like to hear from you very much.

--
http://www.rediscovery.us
http://www.rediscoverypodcast.us