Re: [ARSCLIST] Half-vast wasteland--was: Slides and inconvenient media (was spin it again)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Hodge" <rjhodge@xxxxxxx>
> Obviously you never saw American television when at its' prime !

When was THAT?! I started watching television on a limited basis,
at a neighbour's home, in 1951...Howdy Doody and Captain Video,
usually. Our family finally acquired a set in the fall of 1954...
and I watched a LOT of TV until c.1960. After that, my viewing
became more sporadic (although I was lucky enough to see early
Monty Python, with Flemish subtitles, in a bar/cafe in Belgium
in 1973...!).

Don't recall seeing anything I would have thought of as "prime,"
though (maybe "Senor Wences" on Ed Sullivan...?)