Re: [ARSCLIST] Slides and inconvenient media (was spin it again)

--- Rod Stephens <savecal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yep, I can remember when a 45 RPM record was the big thing for the
> latest "hits", and the LP album was for older folk who had time to
> stop and listen.   It was and is, I think, that youth feels it
> has so little time when there is so much to do.

I'm guessing you're talking about the 60s.  By the time I was
in high school, the mid-70s, we were all listening to "long
format" rock, whether on LP, 8-track or FM radio.  Singles
were mostly the "AM Mix" played on top-40 stations (which we
derisively referred to an "AM Boogie" music.  At least for
people near my age, the attention span seems to have increased
for popular music.  Maybe that's part of the reason why I think
history can repeat itself.  Given long enough, it usually does.

David Breneman         david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx

The fish are biting.