Re: [ARSCLIST] destruction of CDs

It took my machine 5 seconds and what an interesting appearance!

Jim B
----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Lawson" <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] destruction of CDs

Mike Richter writes:
Microwaving is spectacular but slow and potentially harmful both in its
effect and to the maser.

Actually, microwaving is very fast (2 seconds is about right on "High") and I have it on very good authority that there is not deleterious effect to the oven or personnel in the vicinity.

This method is also quite irreversible and makes the data quite
irretrievable.

--
Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Professional Audio for CD, DVD, Broadcast & Internet