To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Slides and inconvenient media (was spin it again)

--- Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Very much agree. But, the youngsters seem to derive much more
stimulus and deep enjoyment from a
visual experience on a blurry 2x2 screen than I or people my age
(41) or older are likely to.

I can't help but think that at some point there's going to be a backlash, or pendulum swing, or epiphany, or whatever you want to call it, that will drive people back to high fidelity audio and video. It's the "you are there" aspect of formats like 6x6 and stereo slides that drives my inderest in those media. Maybe it will take a digital version of Imax with an increased frame rate to get the fluidity of movement of video combined with the picture quality if film to get people back, or something else, but I can't see how after a century-long quest for ever-greater realism, the whole endeavor going to be forsaken for crummy web audio and video.

David Breneman david_breneman@xxxxxxxxx

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.